A kind of ‘digital concerns barometer’ – The Swiss IGF ‘Call for Issues’ on concern about digital developments in Switzerland
In a kind of ‘digital concerns barometer’, the Swiss IGF has been regularly launching a public call for issues for several years now, showing which digital topics are of most concern to the various stakeholder groups in Switzerland and therefore demand a public discussion.
The most recent implementation from the beginning of 2023 identified the greatest digital challenges at present:
- The use and regulation of artificial intelligence, including in the context of knowledge management and education;
- Protection of fundamental rights in the digital age;
- Trustworthy use and management of data;
- Benefits and power of platforms;
- New opportunities for the exercise of democracy and its protection;
- Responsible use of new technologies;
- Internet governance and the impact of digitalisation on geopolitics.
These topics will be discussed accordingly with all stakeholders at the Swiss IGF 2023.
Update from 1 February 2024: The results of the Call for Issues 2024 are published.
Update from 31 January 2024: The Call for Issues 2024 is closed.
Update from 1 December 2023: The Call for Issues 2024 is open.