A kind of ‘digital concerns barometer’ – The Swiss IGF ‘Call for Issues’ on concern about digital developments in Switzerland
In a kind of ‘digital concerns barometer’, the Swiss IGF has been regularly launching a public call for issues for several years now, showing which digital topics are of most concern to the various stakeholder groups in Switzerland and therefore demand a public discussion.
The most recent implementation from the beginning of 2023 identified the greatest digital challenges at present:
- The use and regulation of artificial intelligence, including in the context of knowledge management and education;
- Protection of fundamental rights in the digital age;
- Trustworthy use and management of data;
- Benefits and power of platforms;
- New opportunities for the exercise of democracy and its protection;
- Responsible use of new technologies;
- Internet governance and the impact of digitalisation on geopolitics.
These topics will be discussed accordingly with all stakeholders at the Swiss IGF 2023.
Update (5.5.2023): The newly formed Swiss Youth IGF, which takes place the day before the Swiss IGF independently, opens its registration.
Update (26.4.2023): Registration for the Swiss IGF is open.
Update (20.4.2023): The programme for the Swiss IGF 2023 has been published.
Update (15 March 2023): The main topics for the Swiss IGF 2023 have been determined.
Update (10 December 2022): The Call for Issues for the Swiss IGF 2023 is opened, it will close on 31 January 2023.
Update (1 February 2023): The Call for Issues for the Swiss IGF 2023 is closed.
SWISS IGF IS UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE FEDERAL OFFICE FOR COMMUNICATIONS OFCOM
Livia Walpen, BAKOM Jacques Beglinger, Beglinger LPC