A kind of ‘digital concerns barometer’ – The Swiss IGF ‘Call for Issues’ on concern about digital developments in Switzerland
In a kind of ‘digital concerns barometer’, the Swiss IGF has been regularly launching a public call for issues for several years now, showing which digital topics are of most concern to the various stakeholder groups in Switzerland and therefore demand a public discussion.
The most recent implementation from the beginning of 2023 identified the greatest digital challenges at present:
- The use and regulation of artificial intelligence, including in the context of knowledge management and education;
- Protection of fundamental rights in the digital age;
- Trustworthy use and management of data;
- Benefits and power of platforms;
- New opportunities for the exercise of democracy and its protection;
- Responsible use of new technologies;
- Internet governance and the impact of digitalisation on geopolitics.
These topics will be discussed accordingly with all stakeholders at the Swiss IGF 2023.
Update (9.6.2023): Registration for the Swiss IGF is closed.
Update (5.5.2023): The newly formed Swiss Youth IGF, which takes place the day before the Swiss IGF independently, opens its registration.
Update (26.4.2023): Registration for the Swiss IGF is open.
Update (20.4.2023): The programme for the Swiss IGF 2023 has been published.
Update (15 March 2023): The main topics for the Swiss IGF 2023 have been determined.
Update (10 December 2022): The Call for Issues for the Swiss IGF 2023 is opened, it will close on 31 January 2023.
Update (1 February 2023): The Call for Issues for the Swiss IGF 2023 is closed.